Helga de Alvear
Helga de Alvear (1936, Kirn/Nahe, Germany) set up residence in Madrid in 1957 where she met her husband, the architect Jaime de Alvear. In 1980 she started to work at Juana Mordó gallery. As time passed, her involvement at gallery became essential until in 1984, when Juana died, she took the helm. In 1995 she decided to open a new gallery under her own name focused in international contemporary art with a special emphasis on photography, video and installation.
While carrying out her professional duties Helga de Alvear has been able to give free rein to her grand passion: art collecting. At the present time her Collection includes around 3.000 pieces by Spanish and international artists.